[social_sharing style=”style-4″ fb_like_url=”https://lisafitzpatrick.com.au/?p=1451″ fb_color=”light” fb_lang=”en_US” fb_text=”like” fb_button_text=”Share” tw_lang=”en” tw_url=”https://lisafitzpatrick.com.au/?p=1451″ tw_name=”seraphicdream” tw_button_text=”Share” g_lang=”en-GB” g_button_text=”Share” alignment=”left”]
I’m enjoying preparing my talk that that I’ll be sharing, on the same stage as one of my all-time heroines Libby Weaver in Bangalow on October 10th.
Balancing the Busy is a Women’s Well Being conference highlighting the impact our modern way of life is having on our health and happiness.
Guest speaker Dr. Libby Weaver will speak about her new book “Rushing Woman’s Syndrome” where she will discuss what rushing is doing to woman’s physical and emotional health.
A raft of other female health professionals including yours truly will talk on:
- Effects of stress on digestive health
- Managing anxiety
- Survival tips for menopause
- The importance of mindfulness and rest
- How to love you work and have it enrich your life
- Food as medicine recipes to calm and ground
- Wow laughter is the cheapest medicine.
Sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if I’m inside a dream to be part of this vision so fully aligned with everything Sacred Women’s Business loves, conceived and produced by the extraordinary Jody Vassallo (Ayurvedic health coach and cookbook writer).
If you’d like to join me and find out more about this day-retreat and exciting event come visit: www.jodyvassallo.com
There’ll be copies of my books on sale, too!
I so look forward to seeing you there xo
Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy reading this week’s article about the one biggest challenge facing heart-centred women in business.
See yourself as the change you wish to see in the world.
You’re a natural born leader. Facing your fears will help you change things for other women so that they can follow your example and step into their own greatness too.
ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
The One Biggest Challenge Facing
Heart-Centred Women In Business
One of the biggest challenges I hear clients lamenting is their ability to feel comfortable accepting sufficient income for their services.
The most common patterns I witness over and over are the following:
- I give and give until I’m so exhausted I feel resentful
- I spend so much time with people that I end up over-delivering and I still don’t feel like I’m getting results
- I feel uncomfortable charging what I need to in order to cover all my business expenses, time and energy
- I’d rather go without myself than see someone else struggle
- I’m scared of what people will think of me when they see my prices
The interesting thing is – there’s never been a better time for you to find your true and authentic voice in the marketplace and to receive abundantly for your services.
The small voice of desire that urges you to accept more, to receive more, to recline more, to be more spontaneous – is there for a reason.
It’s a desire that is felt by women across the planet right now.
Women are waking up to their desires more and more.
In the past and still now, women often felt deeply guilty for wanting to indulge in self-care, pleasure-filled activities, self-love, abundance and luxury.
However, for the feminine shift to restore balance in our traditionally patriarchal world, this undercurrent of feminine desire must be honoured, listened to and acted upon.
You are a leader if you’re tapping into it right now.
You’re a new feminine leader, leading the charge in order to make sure that you set the thermostat for future generations of women.
You are the voice of the voiceless.
You are the voice that speaks on behalf of every woman who remains trapped in the fear and famine cycle.
It take courage to change the status quo.
I believe you have what it takes.
Women often have the quandary – ‘but what will people think of me?’
There’s a fantastic Oscar Wilde quote, ‘what people think of you is none of your business.’
In a feminine shift, the focus becomes more internal than external.
In a patriarchal world, the focus has been on material gain and outer appearances. However, as the pendulum swings, the internal state of beingness is being given currency and attention. Other people’s opinions should have less and less bearing on your decision-making, the more connected you become to your intuition.
I write all about this in my new book ‘Healing the Heart of Your Business’ which you can order here: http://bit.ly/1UWamwd
Here are six qualities to practice in order to be the new feminine leader, the beacon of light who leads others out of their famine-cycle, their repression, their silence. Just by exercising these qualities, you have the effect of changing the quantum field around others. You, as a leader, effect positive change through the example you’re setting.
- Set firm boundaries around the value of your time – there is nothing more valuable than your time. Energy leakage occurs when you consistently go over-time and stay longer than your intuition urges you to stay. Set an example to others by placing a boundary around your time that models healthy limits and supports you to feel energetically valuable in everything you do. Squandering time leads to resentment and lack. Setting boundaries around your time leads to spaciousness and the ability to give generously from a replenished state of being.
- Stop discounting your prices – your life and your time matters. Stop making concessions. Putting a firm boundary around your prices is another way to send a message to the universe that your time is valuable and that your gifts are priceless. And they are, so stop pretending that they aren’t.
There’s an entire section of my latest book Healing the Heart of Your Business – sustainable success for heart-centred women dedicated to supporting you to experience greater levels of abundance and holistic wealth success. You can pick up your copy here: http://bit.ly/1UWamwd
- Be unapologetic when you make your decisions. Heart-centred women often agonise about making a decision. Most of the time, that quick, initial response that you get towards something is your intuitive truth speaking. Trust yourself and if you’re in doubt at all, delay your response so that you can make the decision from your heart-space and to give yourself time for internal reflection. Learn more about accessing your feminine intuition in my new book at: http://bit.ly/1UWamwd
- Show up. It’s hard to show up when you’re feeling sensitive, fearful, doubtful or tired. However 90% of success comes from showing up even when you’re vulnerable. It’s easy to make excuses. What sets you apart as a leader is your ability to be in an imperfect state and to choose to be present anyway. The difference between women who make it and those who don’t is the commitment to show up.
- Ask yourself what you would do if you knew you couldn’t fail and no one was judging. This is a powerful one. Base your decisions on what your greatest aspirations would be and imagine that you’re operating in a friendly universe. Imagine what your decision would be if you knew that you had the entire universe on your side and you were being unconditionally supported by benevolence itself.
Courage is like a muscle that needs flexing regularly in order to stay strong. Practice conscious boundary setting regularly and notice how your natural containers of abundance fill to overflowing. Your longevity and legacy depend upon your ability to make choices from your ‘place of plenty.’ In the words of Marianne Williamson, ‘when a woman rises up in glory, her energy is magnetic and her sense of possibility contagious.’ Go ahead and lead the charge beauty!