It’s an epidemic in our society and it’s time for it to end.
Or at least, it’s time for it to change for women.
It’s the dreaded feeling of overwhelm.
It often comes at this time of the year because you’ve diligently set some new year’s resolutions or goals and you’ve already blown a few of them.
You’re feeling guilty because the diet resolution didn’t stick.
Or you’re feeling lost because the plans you made or the schedule you created isn’t working out.
That familiar feeling of overwhelm creeps up and steals your peace like a bandit.
It’s insidious and it’s got to stop.
Here’s my #1 reason for overwhelm.
It might apply to you too.
Too much looking outside for answers.
Seeking and comparing and turning outside of myself for the way forward.
The external focus is a masculine and patriarchal one. It’s been dominating the planet for centuries. But it’s crumbling because it’s unsustainable. The collapse of the fiscal, housing, economic and legal systems that we’re seeing – they’re all happening because they’re unsustainable systems.
The masculine is concerned with external appearances, numbers, logic and scientific reasoning. It has a very important place in business, because it supports and underpins a business with its pragmatic foundations. Without it, everything would be chaotic. However, when it dominates, there is no time for play, for spontaneity, for dynamic edge pushing.
Here’s how an overbearing masculine energy and predominantly outward focus shows up for me personally:
-looking to the outside world for approval and feeling overwhelmed because I can’t possibly please everyone
– comparing myself to others by looking at their lives and feeling overwhelmed because I don’t have the same strengths/time/energy/freedom that they have
– listening to the marketing guru or coach who has a formula and feeling overwhelmed because it doesn’t fit my way of doing business
– hearing about the success of a new coach and feeling overwhelmed because surely I should be further along by now.
A successful feminine approach to business supports you to look within yourself for the answers.
-It does not compare nor does it compete.
– It collaborates, but only if the connection feels right.
– It’s more happy being than doing.
– It isn’t afraid of silence and taking a time to gaze into the spaciousness of peace to gain insight.
– It isn’t afraid of being left behind or not keeping up with the latest fad or trend.
– It knows that honouring universal truths will leverage the universe in its favour and that it’s not possible to truly key into these truths by listening to the white noise of the world outside.
– It also knows how to trust the small, still voice of truth that is always working to support it to live as love, ease, grace and glory.
In 2016, I’m working to trust my intuition by immersing myself in regular long sips of stillness to connect with her and listen to her song. I’m working smarter, not harder, to magnetise my desires. I’m also giving myself permission to take things at my own pace – to run my own race – to do things the way that feels most spacious, most sustainable and most aligned with my values. Rather then the overwhelming and outmoded way of doing things – competing, comparing and measuring up against everyone else.
I’d love to know whether you’re choosing ease instead of overwhelm in your life dear loved one. Leave a comment and let me know your #1 reason for overwhelm and how you’d like to remedy it with more ease, greater spaciousness and freedom in 2016.
Warmest blessings and heartfelt best wishes for your easy way forward.
STAR CLIENT OF THE WEEK
This week’s star client is an extraordinary goddess of body wisdom and all things restful Kylian Martin. Kylian’s work is a revolution in rest for the nervous system, a genius reset and remedy for our important deep and internal muscle iliopsoas as well as an exploration of the inner world that transforms our outer world. If you’re on the wrong side of overwhelm then you need this amazing lady’s work in your life. Visit: www.Kylian.com.au
WANNA TRY SELF-COACHING?
If you’ve been looking at coaching 1:1 but would like to dip a toe in first, why not try my self-paced program – Heart Your Life – simple steps for finding your life purpose
This program is perfect for you if you’re ready for the following:
- Knowing exactly what you stand for in your life and your business
- Understanding your strengths intimately and how valuable your work is
- Knowing exactly what you were made for
- Never having to work another day in your life because work is a natural extension of you
This program is available for a fraction of the price-tag of one:one coaching (less than a tenth) and is the perfect introduction to coaching with me, or a gift for a loved one who is looking for clarity in her direction.
the amazing price, here:
“During the coaching process with Lisa I started from a place of acknowledging where I was at and what was missing for me so that I could feel whole. Lisa had the capacity to hold beautifully the space for me to unravel my story, talk about what bothered me most about myself, to be present and point out my strengths, to honour contrasting sides of myself until the Alchemy happened and I found pieces of the puzzle that allowed me to feel whole and at peace with myself and my life. Her work is subtle and at the same time very powerful, she bought a bright healing light into my life”
Mohani Erica Susanna