[social_sharing style=”style-4″ fb_like_url=”https://lisafitzpatrick.com.au/?p=1322″ fb_color=”light” fb_lang=”en_US” fb_text=”like” fb_button_text=”Share” tw_lang=”en” tw_url=”https://lisafitzpatrick.com.au/?p=1322″ tw_name=”seraphicdream” tw_button_text=”Share” g_lang=”en-GB” g_button_text=”Share” alignment=”left”]
I’m stretching my legs and arms and doing a victory dance after choosing to take last week off from writing. Did you notice I was gone for a whole week? I chose to celebrate the 100th edition of the Sacred Women’s Business ezine by enjoying some extra self care as well as a healthy dose of procrastination and contemplation about the next posse of 100 editions. I intend and look forward to continuing to grow with you, to laugh with you, to share my business with you and to support you for a long time to come. Thank you so much for being here, for being my confidante and friend. I love sharing the entrepreneurial soul purpose path with you and trust that our journey together will continue to be the rave, the bees knees, the wonder that it has been so far.
I would love to know what you struggle with most. What has been happening for you as you pursue your soul purpose through your business? What are some of your greatest challenges and what are some of your victories? I invite you to reply to this email and let me know what you feel called to share about your heart-centred business and life. I care about you and I care about your challenges and victories.
Have you ever questioned whether you’re really cut out for the entrepreneurial path as a service-based business provider? If you’re a coach, healer, therapist, naturopath or motivational speaker, you may have asked yourself at some stage – would it be easier and simpler for me to work for someone else? After all the hours and effort you put in to running your own ship, perhaps life would be cleaner and neater if it were squeezed into a 9-5pm role?
There’s nothing wrong with choosing the steady pay packet. We need to act responsibly towards our families. When you’re raising children, they absolutely come first and sometimes, the bridging job and steady pay is absolutely necessary while you’re building up a steady client base or surfing the fluctuations of each business cycle. If you’re serious about being one of the minority who make it in business (the statistics are frightening – 90% of businesses fail in the first 2 years in Australia alone), you may need to invest in coaching or mentorship to take things to a whole new level of success. This may mean taking on other work for the purpose of giving your business an opportunity to grow. If you’re serious about doing what it takes to bring your business to the next level you’ll do whatever it takes (within your ethical code and values of course).
The truth of being called to the entrepreneurial path is that some of you were never suited to working for someone else. You were made for greater things than a 9-5 existence but this doesn’t make things easier. Some of you need freedom of expression and creative licence to give straight from your hearts in ways that feel most authentic to you. If you’ve ever felt crippled or compromised in a role that doesn’t quite match your unique skill-set, with a boss breathing down your neck, you’ll know what I mean.
In this week’s article, I’m sharing ten qualities of the heart-centred kick-ass entrepreneur. If you recognise yourself in here, let me know. If you can think of any other traits, please put your comments below too J. If you do see yourself here, remember that the only thing that separates you from the 90% who don’t make it in business, is that you are never going to give up and you’ll do whatever it takes. Staying the course is the secret to success here. It’s not easy and if it were, everyone would be doing it. But if you can stay the course, your heart-centred business will bring you the rewards you always dreamed of.
ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
1. As a little girl, you always knew you were special. You knew you were destined for great things ‘when you grew up.’
2. You’ve always felt different to other people. While other people seemed happy to go to university then graduate to 9-5 jobs that put them in peak hour traffic Monday to Friday, you were totally miserable at the prospect. You never wanted what they all seemed to want and felt like a black sheep in the 9-5 workforce. You couldn’t wait to break free of the daily grind and would prefer to work part-time or casual and mix and match while you build your business than pretend that the mainstream way appeals to you.
3. You’ve always had lots of million dollar ideas. You see opportunity everywhere. You often see many different ways to make a difference and you wish there were more hours in a day so that you could follow your instinct and turn some of your ideas into reality.
4. You’re a natural born leader. People are constantly seeking your advice on things. People are entrusting you with their most private and personal information on a regular basis. You are trustworthy and reliable but not predictable. You’re less likely to follow others unless they too are leaders. You’re more likely to think outside the square and see how things could be done differently. Other leaders gravitate towards you.
5. You can’t stand the thought of ‘settling.’ Settling for a life of quiet desperation. Settling for a life of beige and a white picket fence. It leaves you cold. You’d rather fail then end up inside the mainframe. You dream of leading revolutions, changing politics, creating a new world order.
6. You regularly question the status quo. You understand that the mainstream has created a sick society and you want out. You don’t wish to be a part of the unhealthy paradigms that keep people asleep and unconscious. You have a feisty aversion to the prejudices that have kept things the way they are – misogyny, sexism, homophobia, racism and ageism make you determined to take the road less travelled. You can be outspoken when you need to be. You have a highly sensitive radar towards current affairs and mainstream media about their unchallenged biases and prejudiced language.
7. You don’t take directions from other people easily. You often look at the way other people do things and you know you could do a better job, but humility is your best friend so you often find yourself suppressing advice and swallowing your ego. It’s almost torture to work for someone else especially if they don’t share the same values or the same work ethic as you do. You prefer to be self-directed and you feel faint when you know someone is breathing down your neck or being condescending, especially if it’s someone you know you are an equal to.
8. You’re naturally self-motivated. You can easily spring to work on the things you love and that light you up. You have mistakenly labelled yourself as ‘lazy’ or ‘unmotivated’ in the past because you’ve tried to squeeze into roles that don’t suit you. Other people seem to find it a breeze to do work that pays the bills so you’ve often wrongly judged yourself as being irresponsible or ungrateful for not being able to settle in those types of positions even when they’re well paid. The thought of working for yourself is exciting but you’ve pigeon-holed yourself in the past into thinking that you’re defective for not being able to fit into mainstream roles so you often question whether you’re cut out for business. (You know what – if this is you – you are so cut out for business beautiful one!).
9. You prefer adventure and uncertainty over stability and yawningly mundane certainty.
10. You are intuitive, a highly sensitive person (HSP), rebellious, renegade, a thought-leader, a spiritual revolutionary, a quick-thinker, an innovative persuader, a charismatic influencer, an out-of-the-box rebel. You don’t fit into any category and you have often felt like a freak because of this. Take heed, you are one of the leaders of the future. The world needs misfits just like you who are prepared to question the status quo, move the envelope, get shit done.
Don’t question yourself any longer. It’s time for you to fully own your entrepreneur-tag. It’s time for you to settle into the comfortable uncomfortable realisation that you were made to change things and your time is now. The world has never needed you more. Go forth and be the leading edge-maker that you are designed to be!
HEALTHY, WEALTHY + WISE GIFT GIVEAWAY
You CAN escape the dream stealers…
As 2015 is getting closer to its half-way mark, don’t neglect the most important thing in life:
It’s time to internalize ourselves and take charge by getting stronger, growing from the inside out and making a difference in our own lives by tackling and overcoming the challenges we face!
Once again, Dr. Joe Rubino, Carolyn Hansen & special guest host Curtis Farrar have launched the 5th Annual Healthy, Wealthy & Wise Gifts Giveaway event and there are thousands of dollars of FREE products ready to help you make yourself a priority and find the health and happiness you deserve this year!
They’ve assembled the greatest Health and Wellness experts online to help you achieve all that you desire!
* 4 Free Mind Sync Meditation Downloads – Geoff Wilkins
*Help Me Angels: How to Ask Angels for Help Advice and Healing – Leesa Ellis
* Unbeatable Confidence Kit – Tim Pond
* Release the Blocks So Creativity Rocks! – Julie Bond Genovese
* 5 Fitness Tips You Wish You Knew – Derek Doepker
* Easy Ways to Boost Your Child’s Self Esteem – Milissa Harding
* 5 Mistakes People Make When Finding Their Life Purpose – Patricia Young
* Your Journey to Wealth and Well Being – Bonnie Gortler
* An Easy Exercise to Connect With a Pet in The Afterlife – Marianne Soucy
You can give up, give in or FIGHT BACK!
It all starts here: